Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And the consequences kick in...

How am I supposed to fight the onslaught of middle age when my body won't cooperate??  Seven hours a day standing in the hot shop has taken it's toll!  I am beaten! I woke up today stiffer than a brits upper lip.   The awful truth is staring me in the face.  I'm out of shape.  So, in order to rail against middle age I'm going to have to go into training mode. My only option is to become an anti geriatric ninja warrior.  Sadly, this will not be the first time I have attempted this mission.  Past attempts always start out optimistic and end in dismal failure lying prostrate on the couch panting heavily...usually with a bowl of ice cream clutched in my defeated grasp.

It's obvious what I have to do.  I will have to swallow my pride and drag out my Wii fit.  I hate that thing.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the exercises and games.  They're entertaining and fun to do.  What I hate is that obnoxious groan it makes every time I step on the board.  Does it really have to moan like a herd of wildebeasts just stampeded over it?  And then it gives you the third degree if you gain a pound.  But I can do this. I'll just start small.  Maybe I'll just set the board in front of the TV the first few days.  Then I can work my way up from there.

Unfortunately, a little Wii time just isn't going to do it all by itself, so at the risk of completely humiliating myself, I am declaring myself to be in training.  If I fail this time, I will do so publicly.  So here goes.

No comments: